If you have found a stray that looks healthy it should be reported to the
Local Authority Dog Warden on 01482 887700.
If you've found a stray that's in danger, sick or injured -please report them to the RSPCA Emergency Helpline 0300 1234 999.
If your dog is missing it should be reported on 01482 393939.
Unfortunately Goole RSPCA does not have the resources to pick up or keep stray or found dogs. East Riding Local Authority provides a dog warden service. Find more information on the council's website.
• Report the stray dogto the council.
• Ring local vets and rescue centres.
• If it's safe, check whether the dog is wearing a tag, call the number and leave a message.
• Ask local vets to scan them for a microchip.
• Create a found posterand place around the local area
• Check listings and add details on missing pet websites.
If you decide to take the dog home while you wait for the warden to arrive, please be aware that lost dogs may be scared and distressed. If you're unsure about their behaviour, please don't approach and wait for the dog warden to arrive.
By law, you can't keep a stray dog. If you want to rehome the dog, leave your details with the warden.
By law, your dog should be microchipped. When in a public place, make sure they wear a collar and tag with your name and contact details.
This will help you find your dog if they go missing.
YOU can make a difference to the life of a cat in DN14. Choose one (or more) of the following ways to help us help cats and kittens that desperately need it.